Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Want For A Witness
03-06-2016, 05:13 AM
Big Grin Our Want For A Witness
Ok, I am asking yourself before I go - what is to determine? You have a kitchen table and 4 chairs and a jelly cupboard that Dad made for you, one particular corner of the space with no cabinets, stoves or refridgerators...I'm confused ...

My sister known as, sounding like some sort of emergency was in progress. To read additional info, you should check out: 3 Steps To Getting More Traffic From Youtube. Turns out, she desires me to come support her choose how to arrange the furnishings in her new kitchen. She and her husband just purchased their very first residence and we helped them move in more than the weekend.

Ok, I'm wondering just before I go - what is to determine? You have a kitchen table and four chairs and a jelly cupboard that Dad produced for you, one particular corner of the area with no cabinets, stoves or refridgerators...I'm confused about the confusion.

She needed a witness to her life.

Earlier, I had been discussing the film "Shall We Dance?" with a buddy. There is a scene in that movie exactly where Susan Sarandon's character provides the best description I've ever heard of what you are genuinely promising when you take wedding vows. I am actually thankful I'd had that discussion just prior to my sister's contact, due to the fact I was capable to be "present" and "mindful" and look a small deeper than I might have, normally, into what sounded like a silly request.

In summary, Susan Sarandon's character explains that when you say, "I do", what you are really saying is that you will be a witness to the other person's life, that you will be there to see the great, the bad, the ugly, the mundane - in quick, you will be a witness to their life so that at the finish of their life, they'll know their life did not go unnoticed.

Of course, the writers of that movie script, and Susan's delivery of it, are much a lot more eloquent than I am being right here, but you get the notion.

It strikes me that we all require a witness - a lot more than one particular, occasionally. We all need to really feel that our lives matter, that WE matter. Learn more on this partner link by visiting http://www.susancrenshaw.com/. This fine like us on facebook essay has a few wonderful warnings for the meaning behind it. That somebody "notices" us and what is critical to us.

I love my sister, and I am glad I was there to witness her excitement and trepidation more than getting a new homeowner. She really did not need to have assist deciding where to put items - she necessary to know that what mattered to her mattered to someone else - right then - no matter how mundane.

This confirms an additional suspicion I've had for very some time: It is not the "big" events in life from which we draw our sense of belonging, but rather the cumulative "tiny" moments along the way which also often go unnoticed..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply